Monday 16 September 2013

Responses from Peter Jones

1.What is your vision for Gisborne in terms of cultural diversity? If you live in Gisborne I don't care where you came from you are one of us with the same rights as everyone else. 2. The Ten Year Plan says GDC will support the development of cultural groups in the district, what kind of support do you think GDC should provide to the Tairāwhiti Multicultural Council? If you want money from me you are crash out of luck. I want to see council money being spent on job creation in the district rather than social initiatives. My approach will benefit all local residents including all cultural groups. 3. What regular interaction do you have with groups of people from cultural backgrounds different to your own? I am helping my partner's maori whanau to build a whare on their ancestral land at Whakaki and hope to help them grow kumaras there. I helped my Islander neighbour by cleaning up his trees for no charge the other week and I consider he and his wife to be my friends. I employed Indian workers in my forestry crew when I was doing that. One of them (Hari)was a top man. My brother married a Chinese girl and I attended the wedding in Shanghai. They are expecting a baby soon. My father left my mother for a maori woman. 4. What, if any, common challenges are you aware of for local residents from ethnic minority groups? They are often not very environmentally aware and need more schooling on things like taking undersize seafood. Apart from things like that they are no different to the rest of us though some of the young men are pretty good at marrying the local maori girls to get permanent residence instead of love.heh heh. 5. What are the biggest opportunities you see for attracting new immigrants and refugees to Gisborne? As far as I'm concerned I don't want to attract any new immigrants of any kind. Especially English,Chinese,Americans,and Indians. Islanders are OK but the Asians are too greedy like the English. The Chinese treat their own people like shit and think they can come here and do the same to us. If you live here already you are my brother and I will do my best for you. If you are saving up for tickets for your extended family you should have stayed in Auckland. This is Gisborne not Auckland so go mess up Auckland if you want to bring your Bros. I hope that answers your queries Naresh. I hate the United Nations. I think Global citizens suck. If you live here now you are my brother and I am happy to know you and be your friend. If you try to screw up Gisborne till its like where you came from like what I saw in six years living in Sydney then I will be your enemy. Is that plain enough for you. You sound like a Manu Caddie man to me just by the tone of your questions. Kind Regards, Peter Jones.

1 comment:

  1. 1 / 10 Sorry , Peter , Of very Dubious Quality ... for One Seeking Election to Political Office ... where Balanced and Thoughtful Comments are a Requisite , and Logical development of Persuasive Argument is Essential .

    ReplyDelete